Sunday, December 27, 2009

Constructing the resort-like feel of Pebblewash floor

I got the idea to create a more presentable look of my bathroom. I don't want to spend a bomb to hack away my existing tiles and re-lay with new ones. The hacking will also create a big mess and I would not be able to use the bathroom for 2 or 3 days. I chanced upon the idea of using pebbles that is laid over the existing floor tiles. Apparently, it is a more cost-effective way to create a new flooring. It will also give a more resort-like to the bathroom. The photos below show how the workers construct the new pebblewash floor for my bathroom and toilet.


















The workers took less than 4 hours to overlay my tiles with the pebblewash mix. The mix is nothing but pebbles and epoxy glue. There is acutally 3 layers, the first layer is plastic tiles, follow by a layer of netting, the 3rd layer is the pebble-mix. These 3 layers adds 3cm to the floor of the bathroom. After the work is completed, the epoxy glue has to be left to dry for 6 hours before the bathroom and toilet can be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google